6.03.2015

My 'Taking Chances' Stories

I scrolled down my twitter posts and found that I've ever written post that sounds like  this: to live my life by taking chances as a new year resolution. And you know what? Sometimes, the best way to make something happens is by writing it down and have faith. That's what I do for 21 years living this life. When I really wanted to be part of School of Business and Management student in ITB, I wrote it down on a piece of paper, decorated it, and glued it in my wardrobe. Yes! It happened! (but of course I also did the hardest work I could afford). Then again, when I wanted to take any chances, I wrote it down in my twitter and................you must continue reading to number 1 ;)

1. I joined Maybank Go Ahead Challenge. I passed the goddamn-hard-online-test, came as a campus level participant in Faculty of Economy, University of Indonesia. But I could only make it till the half round. That's okay I think. At least I took the chance and I went for it.

2. I followed  kinda 'jobs and vacancy account' in twitter and once I applied as consultant internee in Mediatrac, the first big data analysis company in Indonesia. I took the chance and God opened His door for me. I got the acceptance! I was extremely happy at that time! My mom was too! (When I got the phone call, I was at my mom's office). I will start my internship in the middle of June and it will last for 3 months. I'm nobody and never get myself into consulting stuff, but I will soon to be one. I'm closer to my dream to be consultant in prestigious company or set up my own firm. (all hail Negeri Para Bedebah novel! I love Tom! I love his job! And I want to be one! haha). But you know what, by the acceptance of me in this company, means that I need to leave my life in Bandung. I need to leave my boyfriend, my friends, and maybe my business (not it's not literally leaving this business, I still can make a phone to control and handle things but still, yea, you know what I mean). It feels weird to start my working experience in Jakarta. Alone. Facing the crowd. Alone. Facing the traffic jam. Alone. Sometimes those things are scary me.

3. My startup business, Start From The Bottom, will do development by starting to make blouse or outer for our next production. And again, we took the chances when someone in Hong Kong were having curiosity toward our scarves and at the end, he wanted to be our wholesaler which is it's a very great thing! We are startup but we already have 1 foreign customer. In addition, he said he wanted to buy more editions in the future and I think I got enough motivation to continue developing this business. In the near future, I want this business to have some exclusive outlets in several countries (I write it to make it happen. HEHE)

4. I'll  take the chance to have my thesis conference in London, specifically in Imperial College London  with my best friend, Dara Indira. Wish me luck in pursuing it because up until now, I'm still unsatisfied with my thesis. I just think that it needs more variable or something big, something difficult, some mind-blown thing, to make it hilarious. I know, perfectionist.

5. I take the chance to dream......

6. ....that I will have some businesses with my brother and friends and make my own global brand

7. ....that I will work as consultant

8. ....that I will have my own farm in New Zealand (Idk why NZ, but their land is plenty)

9. ....that I will build my modern and futuristic science laboratory, public library, and music conservatory

10. ...that I will have my own yacht and Scania truck cabs

No comments

Post a Comment

It would be nice to share thoughts, right? Anyway, if you feel attached with my articles and eager to get a quick response, do not hesitate to email me in clarissa.affandi@gmail.com. I will reply as fast I could.

© A Myriad of Words
Maira Gall